Schools Out For Summer!

Schools have now broken up for the summer and lots of people are looking forward to travelling abroad. However, holidays abroad can also be very stressful for separated parents.

Anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a child’s British passport (please check the guidance for other passports).

When travelling abroad, you should obtain consent from everyone who share parental responsibility for a child. A Child Arrangements live with order permits the person with whom the child lives with to travel abroad for up to 28 days without obtaining permission from anyone else with parental responsibility. However, if the order directs that you cannot or that there are arrangements for children to spend time with anyone else, this should be followed and agreement that the spend time with arrangements are varied.

If you have reason to believe that someone with parental responsibility will remove your child from England and Wales and you do not consent to this, you could apply for a Prohibited Steps Order.

Please contact us if you would like to discuss these options in more detail, or you are worried about your child arrangement then please telephone our Family Law team on 0121 233 2042.