"If you are going through a divorce or considering it, then it is important you have the best advice on how to resolve any property issues. Our team have experience at helping to resolve financial issues on divorce and separation (including where the assets are abroad, or of a very high value)."

At Greens, our specialist family law Solicitors, in Birmingham & Worcester will give you strategic advice in relation to the financial aspects of your relationship breakdown at the outset.
You will be able to make informed decisions in relation to the most appropriate way to proceed to get the outcome you need.
Where the parties are married the Court has wide powers to adjust shares in property and other assets. It can make orders for periodical payments, lump sums, property adjustment, and pension sharing or attachment orders.

Speak to Greens Now

Key Contacts

Associate Solicitors, in Birmingham & Worcester
Greens Solicitors Birmingham & Worcester can help you in cases involving finances

If either party has made disposals of property with the intention of defeating the claims of the other the Court can, in certain circumstances, set aside the disposition.

Following the breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership you will need to ensure that you are protected from future claims from your former spouse or partner. It is important you take advice at an early stage.

Court is the last resort – we will advise as to alternatives where appropriate. Our specialist team will work with you to ensure the most cost-effective route is chosen for your particular circumstances.

We have good relationships with enquiry agents, accountants, pension actuaries, financial advisors and other experts; where your case and the assets merit a forensic approach we will provide that.

Our specialist financial team all have experience of acting for parties with multi-million assets and lifestyles as well as for clients who are struggling to provide 2 homes post-divorce.

Need Help?

Speak to our Solicitors in, Birmingham & Worcester for more information.
Call us: 0121 233 2042 or request a call back:

This data will be used by Greens Solicitors Birmingham for processing your query and for no other purpose.

Greens provided me with a private, confident service. The one thing I was looking for was good communication, which Greens delivered to me to a point. Highly recommend.

Unmarried Couples

In 2016 cohabiting couple families were the fastest growing family type between 1996 and 2016, more than doubling from 1.5 million families to 3.3 million families in 10 years.

At present where a relationship comes to an end and the parties’ have not married there is no special provision. The Court can make a declaration of property ownership and make orders for the sale of a property but it cannot make orders to adjust property shares, or interfere with pension rights.

Where there are children of the relationship it is possible to apply to the court for financial provision for them which can include settling of property for the children to live in, the payment of lump sums and in some cases where the Child Maintenance Service does not have jurisdiction or where a maximum assessment has been made the Court can make maintenance orders.

The law relating to unmarried families is complex. At Greens, our solicitors Birmingham have the expertise to navigate through the law and where there exists a mechanism to make a financial claim we will enable you to do that.

There is light! See what our clients feedback is below:

‘A big thank you, to Greens solicitors for their professionalism and quick service. No problem was too big ’

‘Informative, thorough and professional. I am so grateful for all the help and advise. Thanks again’

‘ They took my case on immediately , kept me updated and delivered results I thought were impossible. ’

Whats Next? Speak to our Solicitors in Birmingham & Worcester.

0121 233 2042

We are always here to help and at your first choice for your solicitors Birmingham.

Request a call back or a chat

The Latest from Greens & the Industry Solicitors Birmingham:

Browse through the lastes from Greens Solicitors, solciitors Birmngham. View all our news. Click Here

Lindsey Foster Joins Greens Solicitors

As part of Greens Solicitors’ continuing expansion, Lindsey Foster has joined the Family Department as a paralegal where she will…

Read more

Greens Hosted A Quiz Night

The Fundraising was to raise monies  for Hayley and Molly’s chosen charities who they will be running for in the…

Read more

We are hiring

Greens Solicitors are looking to recruit a Head of Department to join and manage our Family Law Department. The department…

Read more

David Sheldon’s Retirement Lunch

It was great to have been able to host David Sheldon’s retirement lunch today in the office! It seems ages…

Read more

Birmingham Law Society REACH Subcommittee

As a member of the Birmingham Law Society REACH (Race, Ethnicity and Cultural Heritage) subcommittee, I am passionate about the…

Read more

Some reflections on qualifying as a solicitor

Our very own Matthew Saunderson recently contributed to the Young Resolution summer newsletter. Have a read below What made you want to…

Read more

A gift for Faizan

One of the reasons why I love working in family law is being able to help make positive changes to…

Read more

What happens when a child is ready to leave the care system?

If a care order is made in respect of a child, the local council will help them with support until…

Read more

Cervical Screening Awareness Week

Following the announcement she was terminally ill in February 2009 there was a surge in cervical screening attendances. Now, 14…

Read more

Getting Lost

by Matthew Hall Two weekends, two trips up north to see relatives. Sat nav fired up, the second journey went…

Read more